Citroen , EVs and HPS: What will the future hold?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

frenchcarnut

Citroen , EVs and HPS: What will the future hold?

Post by frenchcarnut »

Just a thought. Imagine 20 to 30 years in the future where private vehicles are still allowed and viable but where electric vehicles are the norm. Do people think that the move to electric will definitely see the demise of Citroen's Hydropneumatic suspension as available engine power becomes more and more precious? Or will efforts be made to ensure the individuality is maintained as techniques such as KERS (regenerative braking) are employed?

It's all very hypothetical of course, as these austere times do not guarantee any marque will even survive the next decade let alone a time when EV becomes the norm. But for this exercise, let's perhaps assume survival occurs.

Just interested to read your thoughts on this.
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Well it looks like hydraulic suspension is already being phased out :( Whether this will be eventually replaced with the Bose magnetic suspension on the DS4 and DS5 (fingers crossed!) we'll have to see.
You never know, it might use the same magnet for the suspension, brakes and steering :lol:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
the_weaver
My Cars:

Post by the_weaver »

I would say that electric vehicles still won't be the norm in twenty years time. If you look at publications from the 1950's, they predicted that we'd all be living in cities in the sky and travelling around in flying cars by now. It hasn't happened. Lack of investment by Government is the main problem.

Paul