bx clutch (again!)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sue

bx clutch (again!)

Post by sue »

thanks everyone for the replies to my last querie,started the job today,ok so far.we've got the gearbox off and the new clutch in,but in the gearbox there's a circular plastic part which holds the clutch release lever in place,and this is broken.sorry I don't know what it's called,but I've described it as best I can!Is this part essential,or can I do without it.Do you think it would be available from my Citroen dealer or does anyone know what it's called?Thanks.I'll let you know how it goes.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Sue -
What kind of release arm mechanism do you have -
1) the clutch cable attaching with long thread & adjuster nut
2) small rod & auxillary L-arm w/adjuster bolt/locknut
Changes added :
Sorry - hit the wrong button [:I]
The release mechanism I know of is 2) above.
Here the only plastic ring you have is the nylon cup inside the release lever arm - which locates the arm over it's pivot ball. This is imperative to have working ok not to risc the lever arm disengages. Donno if this nylon cup is available separately - or if the lever arm must be purchased as an assembly.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Im guessing but i would say its the later style gearbox with the arm on the long post that runs the length of the box. The plastic bit holds the bottom of the post in place (with the post turning to engage or disengaing the clutch plate).
It will be a citroen job to get a replacemnt. Although not a major item i know id want it there :)