Citroen C3 Key Fob

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

t_cox55

Citroen C3 Key Fob

Post by t_cox55 »

Hi, Can anyone give me any suggestions? I have a Citroen C3 1.4 Petrol car, the central locking has suddenly stopped working on the key fob, I have had the keys checked out and they are definatley working and I have tried re-syncing the keys to the car - but still nothing. The central locking obviously deactivates the immobilser too as I cannot start the car when I open the car just using the key!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The central locking does not deactivate the imobiliser, the imobiliser is completely passive & some C3's have plain keys without a remote in them & theese start the car no problem.
Does the car still have the original radio in it or has it been changed ? does the little display above the radio still work ok ?
Have you checked all the fuses ?
t_cox55

Post by t_cox55 »

I have had the prblem before and it just started working again after about a week or so of just sitting there and the engine wouldn't start then either it just turned over but would not fire. Now it has happened again and wont start again either so I thought it must be linked to the central locking not working. I have checked the fuses and they all appear to be ok, it also still has the original radio and the display works fine. :(
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Did the last failure coincide with the last cold spell? I'd be checking the battery voltage first off - low volts on multiplexed cars can cause all sorts of weird behaviour.
Richard W
t_cox55

Post by t_cox55 »

Yes that is one of the first things I got checked last time was the battery and it was fine! It's just so strange that one day it worked fine and the next nothing!
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a while?

My C3 did this on ocasions, and if I left it ten or 15 minutes and try it would suddenly work. Dealers could find nothing wrong, but I believe if the car detects another signal on the same wavelengh as the key when you try to lock, it wont do it.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
t_cox55

Post by t_cox55 »

I have managed to get the car running, by disconnecting the battery for a while it released the imobilser. Ive had the battery tested aswell and it seems to be giving off the correct voltage and charging ok. My car still doesn't lock/unlock tho, it's doesn't do anything when i press the lock/unlcok button on the fob, I have even had the fobs tested and they are giving out something! Not sure where to start with key fob thing really!