Citroen C3 Washer Jet Fuse

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroenWill

Citroen C3 Washer Jet Fuse

Post by CitroenWill »

Hi Guys,

I have a Citroen C3 2005 Petrol and my washer jets have stopped working. The jets aren't even making a noise when I pull the lever, so before I take it to the garage I'd like to change the fuse.

I've had a quick look under the bonnet and I have no idea where the fuse is. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Will
hobblerian

Post by hobblerian »

On my friends C2 it was near the battery, same problem no washers, opened up the fuse box and they were all the the small spade type, we only had the larger standard type, managed to get him going though by crimping some small spade connectors on little jumper wires and bodging it that way. Really need to have ya washers going this time of year.
Previous 90H S1 XM 2.1td SD Manual
Current 97P S2 XM 2.1td VSX Manual
Gaskin
My Cars:

Post by Gaskin »

On the 1.4HDI C3 the washer fuse is no.3 in the fuse box to the right of the battery tucked under the wing. I had to replace this last week. It is a 10A mini blade fuse that cost all of 25p from the local Toyota dealer. To get to the fuse box you may need to remove the battery cover(s), then use a screwdriver to push the plastic retaining clips for the fuse box cover to release them. Access is limited, but it is doable.

Cheers

Duncan
97 Xantia 1.9TD Estate 118K - sadly no more....
08 C3 1.4 HDI 38k
CitroenWill

Post by CitroenWill »

Gaskin wrote:On the 1.4HDI C3 the washer fuse is no.3 in the fuse box to the right of the battery tucked under the wing. I had to replace this last week. It is a 10A mini blade fuse that cost all of 25p from the local Toyota dealer. To get to the fuse box you may need to remove the battery cover(s), then use a screwdriver to push the plastic retaining clips for the fuse box cover to release them. Access is limited, but it is doable.

Cheers

Duncan
Thanks mate.

Unfortunately changing fuse number 3 hasn't solved the problem - still no life in the washer jets.

Something tells me this is gonna be expensive!
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Very common problem at the moment, i had someone at work complaining to me (as i drive a Citroen) that their C2s washer fuse keeps going. The Vauxhall dealer i was at the other day said every other phone call is about a blown washer motor fuse.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroenWill

Post by CitroenWill »

....but changing fuse 14 has solved the problem! Get in!

Thanks for your help!
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

CitroenWill wrote:
Gaskin wrote:On the 1.4HDI C3 the washer fuse is no.3 in the fuse box to the right of the battery tucked under the wing. I had to replace this last week. It is a 10A mini blade fuse that cost all of 25p from the local Toyota dealer. To get to the fuse box you may need to remove the battery cover(s), then use a screwdriver to push the plastic retaining clips for the fuse box cover to release them. Access is limited, but it is doable.

Cheers

Duncan
Thanks mate.

Unfortunately changing fuse number 3 hasn't solved the problem - still no life in the washer jets.

Something tells me this is gonna be expensive!
The easiest thing to do is simply check all the 10amp fuses in the (under bonnet) fuse box, these washer pump fuses blow so often at this time of year it wasn't uncommon to run out of stock of them where i work. Occasionally I've had to change the odd washer jet pump but thats not hard either.
Music keeps me going.