Air Bag Light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wornelly
My Cars:

Air Bag Light

Post by wornelly »

Can anybody tell me why my air bag warning light stays on, it flashes for about 15 mins then stays on, xantia sx td 1.9, 1996 model, my remote central locking has also stopped working if this has anything to do with it, any help appreciated, thanks
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

The flashing for a few minutes then permanently illuminated is normal to indicate a problem. The idea being the flashing is to ensure you see it and then it stops after a while so not to be 'too' annoying.

Note that it is normal for the bulb to illuminate for a few seconds upon switching the ignition on anyway, this is a bulb and circuit test. If everything was OK, it would extinguish after a few seconds.

The cause could be anything from a loose connection in the rotary switch (under the steering wheel) to a broken wire on the seats for the pre tensioners.

I would initially say the wiring under the seats as this is quite common on quite a few PSA cars, its where I would start anyway.

You will need it plugged into a Lexia (or other code reader given the cars age) to diagnose the 'cause' and to reset the light too.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG