Draining fuel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SwissSPEC
My Cars:

Draining fuel

Post by SwissSPEC »

Hi,

very new to cx's & was hoping from some insight, looked at Haynes, however the car i'm going to be doing some work on is a LHD model so i don't trust what the bol say's.

Is there a drain hole on the petrol tank of a 1988 25gti 2 Turbo? If so, where abouts is it located (just incase there are more than one?) & any ideas of the size of it so that i can work out if i've got a correct sized key already? Or if its not a key what size spanner i need please?

Alternativley, if there isn't an exteral drain, a description of how to access the tank to empty out stale petrol would be great :D

Thanks

Apologies now, there be plenty more daft questions coming up shortly as i start to get to grips with this particular beast. I've got some experience of BX's, but i am s**t myself with this one :lol:
CX GTI 2 Turbo (LHD) - Sorn
Bx Gti 16v
BX TZD Turbo - Sorn
C5 Mk1 LX 2.0HDi Estate
Mini Cooper D Clubman
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I don't think it has a drain hole but if it has a tank fuel pump you could pump it out via the feed to the engine, disconnect it first of course.

Peter
SwissSPEC
My Cars:

Post by SwissSPEC »

I thought from memory that Haynes mentioned a drain? Is the fuel tank access under the rear seats like the BX?
CX GTI 2 Turbo (LHD) - Sorn
Bx Gti 16v
BX TZD Turbo - Sorn
C5 Mk1 LX 2.0HDi Estate
Mini Cooper D Clubman
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I ran CX's for over 10 years but honestly dont remember, you can gain access to the fuel level sensor and pick up pipe from under the seat but I don't remember a drain plug.

Mine were all diesels so didn't have a tank pump but I just thought a petrol injection might.

Peter