307 1.4 hdi stalling, and poor starting year 2002

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

glyndwr1998

307 1.4 hdi stalling, and poor starting year 2002

Post by glyndwr1998 »

Ok guys, got this issue with my 307 1.4 hdi.

My wife kindly bought me a lexia / pp2000 interface for xmas, so been getting myself used to the software, and configuring it.

Now its all working, done some tests using the interface and pp2000 on my laptop.

I`ll tru to get all info from the start, when i purchased the car at the start of december, so bear with me.

Car had previous diagnostic done by peugeot dealer, they diagnosed poor start issue to bad fuel pipes along the rocker cover, under the air intake filter housing.

I drove the car home from Reading to South Wales, car drove really well, apart from it taking a long time to start on cranking, but never stalled all the way home, some 200 miles.

I changed the fuel pipes harness complete with a new assembly from the dealers along with a new fuel filter assembly.

Car is now starting much better, but still takes a few seconds of cranking to start.

Now to the stalling issue, which is constant, i can make it stall any time I want to, for testing purposes.

The car always stalls when ACCELLERATING from low revs, commonly in 2nd or 3rd gear at about 1500 rpm. Apart from this rev range, it drives very well, ie, if i slip the clutch whilst changing gear to keep revs over 2000 rpm the engine never stalls.
With the car stopped, in neutral, I can rev the car slow or very fast to 4500 rpm (limiter) and the engine will NEVER stall.
So, the engine will always stall only ON LOAD and only in the rev range around 1500 rpm whilst increasing revs to pull off junctions etc.

In live data using PP2000 there is a massive difference in rail pressure refernce value and actual value.
The error codes P0230 and P0231 are always present when a stall occurs.
Readings
P0231 Permanent fault. Diesel high pressure regulation circuit. Pressure below setting and pump filling flow speed too high.
Engine speed 1349 rpm
Rail pressure 282 bar
\rail pressure reference value 792 bar
Pump flow setting 901mm3/sec
pump output regulator currwnt 1901mA

P0230. Permanent fault. Diesel high pressure regulation circuit. Pressure below reference value.
Engine speed 1220 rpm
Rail pressure 274 bar
Rail pressure refernce value 792 bar
Pump flow setting 843 mm3/sec
pump output regulator current 1921mA.

Those above readings were taken after a stall had occured.

I stalled the car 3 more times and these were rail pressure readings
1.Rail pressure 219 bar, rail pressure reference value 658 bar
2.Rail pressure 254 bar, rail pressure reference value 635 bar
3.Rail pressure 470 bar, rail pressure reference value 737 bar

I am sorry for the long post, but hopefully alittle more information now to try to get this issue sorted.

To sum up, The car never stalled until I changed the fuel pipes and filter fro new ones, but did have terrible trouble starting.

Many thanks again for your help, and hopefully someone has seen something similar like this fsult to suggest a way forward.

Thanks again, Glyndwr.