Berlingo 52 plate key/immobiliser problem - help!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

berlingy

Berlingo 52 plate key/immobiliser problem - help!!!

Post by berlingy »

The only key i have broke inside the ingition barrell of my berlingo van. Managed to get an ignition barrell and key from scrap yards which is now fitted successfully.

However, the immobiliser keeps kicking in and will not allow engine to fully start.

All local garages we spoke to told us that we should tape the top part of the old key which we still have to the immobiliser which is located near the barrell and that it should start by using the new key.

Any one had experience of this or could give advice on how to by pass this immobiliser would be appreciated.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

If placing the old key by the ignition works, take a look at the key plastic for a small cover which houses the transponder chip. You can then swap the old transponder to the new key, problem solved.
berlingy

Fan Belt Slipped on Citroen Berlingo

Post by berlingy »

managed to get the chip part of old key taped to the immobiliser and van started no problems.

Then, the fan belt - at least i think it is the fan belt slipped off. ENgine kept running so im sure its not the timing belt. If you look at the engine it is at front left. It is round 3 cogs and has come off one of the cogs.

Any idea how to get it back on.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Yes, it wouldn't be the cam belt but the auxillary belt. You really need to explore why it came off in the first place as they can get under the cambelt and really cause damage.

To refit it, I'm not sure on your engine? but look for a small pulley with an allen key hole and square drive hole. It's concentric so releasing with allen key should give sufficient slack to refit, then tension by using the square drive hole and tightening the allen bolt.