A Thaw!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

evilally
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

A Thaw!

Post by evilally »

With the 405 out of action, the 182 has been my daily hack during this bad weather, and as such it was looking a bit sorry for itself. For the first time in ages the temperature has crept above zero, time for a Crimbo Clean! :P

Before (dirty bee-hatch):

After (clean bee-hatch):

Most of it pressure washed off, I put it down to the 2 coats of sealant applied in the summer, well worth the effort. The rest was just a basic wash with AG car shampoo, some Meguires tyre gel and AG metal polish on the exhausts.

Roll on summer for a proper detail :bd:
'96 405 1.6 GLX with 306 GTI engine on Cat cams @ 195bhp

'05 RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, 102k

'97 406 1.9TD, 314k.
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Looking nice...that colour suits it well. 8-)
Franklin
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

A fellow car cleaning fanatic :P

I washed mine today also following the horrible winter weather so far. I cheated though and just jet washed it at the local Morrisons. I was tied between doing a proper hand wash and jet washing it. I decided the main job was to pressure wash all the salt and slush out of the wheel arches...so up on high (Xantia) they got a thorough clean with hot shampoo and a clean water blasting after that. The rest of the car was then foamed and rinsed off whilst i was there....isnt the best clean job by far but it might get a proper hand wash in the next few days if it stops raining :)

Never mind soon be summer :lol:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...