Xantia to be banned in Paris !!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Xantia to be banned in Paris !!!

Post by xantia_v6 »

See this article :roll: -Interesting that they used a picture of a Xantia as a typical "old" car

The French have announced 5 metropolitan areas which will participate in a scheme which bans high polluting vehicles. Trouble is they have not defined what is a high polluting vehicle. other than to say it is a 4x4 or "old". :roll:

It is generally believed that all diesels without FAP will be banned. So this could be your last chance to take your Xantia or XM for a spin around the Arc de Triumph :cry:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That'll have the peasants revolting for sure :D :lol:

We all know what the French are like for something they don't like very much...

To be fair though the V6 does produce rather a lot of CO2 by today's standards. My daughter was horrified when she looked at how much CO2 her 206 produces and then compared it to my V6 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

they dont half waste alot of time and money on crap schemes...dont they realise that global warming was / is a big scam predicted in the 60's to be rolled out to the public in the 90's. why dont they concentrate their time and efforts on housing the homeless in Paris?......oh thats right because they wont get any money back from that....raising taxes for the parisiennes in what will then be seen as "cleaner" areas will be a nice earner though no doubt :wink:

Long live old cars...they use less parts than half of these new ones do and the parts are cheaper to produce and recycle :wink:

governments....who'd have them :lol:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

^ I'll 2nd all of that above statement!

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the UK goverment considering doing the same thing approx' 15-20 years ago? i seem to recall being mortified by the idea!
Music keeps me going.