306 1.9d (non turbo)

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bad driver
My Cars:

306 1.9d (non turbo)

Post by bad driver »

Hi, I recetly aquired a pug 306 alpine 1.9d. I am getting knocking noises coming from the back let corner of the car, particularly when cornering or going over bumpy surfaces. I have checked the shocks which are fine and the suspension is fine as well. It is driving me absolutely crazy. I have also eliminated, seat mountings, parcel shelf, sparewheel/cradle, exhaust, seatbelt mountings, lights and fuel tank. Has anybody got even the slightest clue what this might be? I have got a 650 mile road trip to do in a fortight and don't fancy finding out that far from home!
Cheers[:D]
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Anti-roll bars ?
Wheel bearings ?
Subframe Mounts ?
philbar
My Cars:

Post by philbar »

hiya sounds to me like the subframe mounts i had mine done beginning of the year.. made alot of difference to the way it handles as well ..no more skipping over the bumps mid bend... i also changed the shocks whilst i was at it to gti gas ones which made a noticeable difference...
Phil[:o)]
philbar
My Cars:

Post by philbar »

forgot to say might be worth changing all four mounts on the rear subframe that way you wont need to drop it all again if the other one goes....
Phil[:o)]
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

Cheers philbar, spoke to a fellow 306 owner today and he ad exact same prob and it was as you say the sub frame mounts, looks like another weekend with the car in the air!