Xsara door speakers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Duracell
My Cars:

Xsara door speakers

Post by Duracell »

I want to buy my son some new door speakers for his 98 lx 1.4i xsara but am not sure what size they are - I believe they are 6.5" at the front and 4" at the back but obviously don't want to make a mistake - I don't want to ask him because they are meant to be a christmas present - Can anybody help?

Thanks

Richard
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.0 Hdi 2003

Post by 411514 »

Almost right, 16.5 cm front approx 6.5", 13.5 cm rear approx 5.2", will make a cracking prezzy the standard speakers are not brilliant, only thing to make sure about is that it does have rear speakers(wiring), i know most of the xsara's did however a few didnt, may have been just the 'l' model that didnt, try www.cxoc.net for all things xsara related
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

It might be worth investing in a wiring harness adapter too, the original 'Citroen' wiring plug may be different to the wiring pins on the back of the new speaker (s), you can of course just cut the original citroen wiring plug off but using an adapter (if available) will have better sound quality results & make the fitting much quicker.
Music keeps me going.
Duracell
My Cars:

Post by Duracell »

Many thanks for the info. - I know for sure that it has rear door speakers - I also know for sure that I'll be fitting them so was half expecting to use soldering iron and shrink wrap but I'll see if there's an adapter available when I buy the speakers.

Regards

Richard
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

If you're buying "new-new" this is irrelevent, but if you're buying from a breaker, there was a Bose option on the Alfa 147 which is pretty good for OEM spec 6½" speakers. Definitely ahead of what PSA were using late in the nineties and thereafter.