Berlingo 2005 headlight

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

HFF

Berlingo 2005 headlight

Post by HFF »

My nearside headlight if flush with the front of the bumper. but the other side is 10mm further back than the front of the bumper.

It looks as if the head light has been pushed back at the base. Although it aligns perfectly with the griil and wing.

The beam on one side is also lower than the other.

Is it posible to adjust the position of the light manually?

How easy is it to remove the light?

Thanx
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

It sounds to me like your vehicle has been involved in a 'bump' in it's past history (state's the obvious! :lol: ), are either of the lights loose? I'm pretty certain they are manually adjustable, have a look at the rear body of the headlamp, somewhere there will be an 8mm allen key hole, insert said allen key to adjust your beam angle (s). Some people may suggest pointing the vehicle at a wall and adjust one of the headlamps till it matches the other, however if you don't adjust them correctly, 1, your likely to dazzle other road users & 2, a misaligned head lamp aim will cause your car to fail it's MOT (as will an insecure headlamp).

It's been a while since i removed one so i don't recall how easy the headlamps are to remove but your more than likely gonna have to remove the front bumper, at least on the side you wish to inspect but they're usually not hard to get off.
Music keeps me going.