Do you think i need a new xantia height corrector??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

minty

Do you think i need a new xantia height corrector??

Post by minty »

Hi Guys, pick ya brains if thats ok??.
Front end of my mk1 1.9td Xantia will not raise or lower from the normal drive position. It has had new spheres front left and right but not front middle.

Done a little research and they seem to point to the front height corrector so just wondered before i apply for a bank loan to buy one !!! if there was anything else i should check first.

Massive thanks Minty
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Hi Minty

To be honest NO, they very rarely go wrong, from what you say i would think that a linkage is siezed/badly adjusted or fallen off but nothing is wrong with the valve itself unless its leaking internaly or externaly.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

as D says the H/C its self very seldom give trouble unless they are clogged up with sludge,

the usual fault is the turrets fixed to the H/C bracket become seized up, the only way to free them off long term is remove from the car, then work lub work lub work lub work lub work lub them till they are floppy loose, then coat them in grease,

regards malcolm
scottishpaul

Post by scottishpaul »

had the same problem when i bought my xantia the linkage had fallen off on one side off hight corrector popped it back on and away it went the a new linkage cost pennys so worth replacing anyway ,give every thing a good clean up in there also while the cars supported (beware) as they can drop on the ground and crush you
pug 306 -turbo d 1993 -2001 xantia hdi 90 bhp -2000 partner van 2.0 hdi 90bhp