Par curiosité

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Par curiosité

Post by addo »

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/34210 ... ILTER.html

Are the above fair dinkum, or are they blatant imitations?

Not about to buy any, as I say just curious. You can get a stack of Chinese made Valeo-compatible electrical bits in white boxes, too. Solenoids, regs, diode packs and whatever else.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Aren't they wholesale only though Adam?

I used Alibaba to try and find Bols bitter tangerine but I only want a couple of bottles, not a crate.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

There have been sporadic cases of counterfiet filters coming on to the market and occasionally being sold by the big factors. I fell foul of this a few years back with diesel filters from a well known factor...

Personally, I'd not trust anything that comes from China and carrying an European brand-name as anything but decidedly suspect.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Ah, a well-known factor who are presently bombarding all and sundry with emailed "Christmas newsletters"?

I don't know the official rules for what is needed to be done in the EU, for a product to be "made" there.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

They do have to be built to EU specs to be able to display the CE mark.

I worked for a manufacturer of electrical/electronic test equipment and they had to jump through some very high hoops to acquire the right to CE mark their products - each one having to have very stringent production controls and records plus examinations audits by independent agencies.
Not sure if it was a CE requirement but they were also preparing for ISO 9001 approval.
This was some 15 years ago and the requirements are even more stringent now. Papershufflers paradise.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

myglaren wrote:Aren't they wholesale only though Adam?

I used Alibaba to try and find Bols bitter tangerine but I only want a couple of bottles, not a crate.

"Bols bitter" :wink: isn't that the feeling one gets when the BOL leads us up the garden path ( and might as well say ask the gnome that's next to you) and leaves one with not enough info, no pictures, and now you have to guess what to do !
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.