HELP 2 probs on 406 2.1td estate

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

slappy
My Cars:

HELP 2 probs on 406 2.1td estate

Post by slappy »

1st new on here :D so hello everyone!!

right i got s reg 406 2.1td estate been having rumberling sound when braking from back ,which thought was rear pass caliper so changed it as outside piston didn t look working from state of disc as all rusty! did that put new pads on just that side as could not get pins out other side on caliper try later in week.after doing that still getting same sound we changed all front discs pads mont or so ago all working fine!

now should i change rear discs as bit pitted and was unable to get it all done afford as moving next weekend aswell ya see but if got to i will and try get pins out if helps.

braking does work ok just sound like dum dum dum if know what i mean!!
been doing this sound since hit front pass alloy cracked it but could it done something esle to car?

2nd old man has r reg 2.1td estate stopped dead driving today ,it kicks over well trys but thats it ie maybe no fuel going to engine maybe fuel pump blockage or electrical any tests i can try 2mrw??

the joys they been fine otherwise

thanks james
"I am driving in my car...................... its not quite a jaguar : - )
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi James and welcome

are you sure its not a wheel bearing is it more of a dronning sound/noise,

or if its not maybe you should have the four cornner tracking check to make sure there is no damage, or anything out of line,

with the R reg have you looked to see if the cam belt/aux drive belt are still intact and doing there job as they should,

regards malcolm
slappy
My Cars:

Post by slappy »

sound is more like disc as sounds more like thud thud thud when braking if ya see what i mean going to do bit by bit so to see what else we can tick off,

with dads car going to have alook today just sounds weird spot like that :cry:

many thanks fella

jmes :D

keep ya posted this evening
"I am driving in my car...................... its not quite a jaguar : - )