c5 estate indicator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

donttalkrun

c5 estate indicator

Post by donttalkrun »

I've got a 53reg diesel estate,was wondering would any indicator stalk from any year and body type fit my car,or are the connectors different.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

The indicator stalk is part of the C5s comms unit, the electrical unit which sits behing the steering wheel, it has both wiper and light stalks, cruise and audio stalk, its part of the cars multiplexed system.

So to replace the indicator stalk would require a replacement comms2000 unit. However im guessing, if your wanting to replace the stalk, then it is this which is causing the fault.

You can fit second hand ones, so long as you find one from the same model, which has the same functions as your car, front fogs, rear wiper, auto lights etc etc. They can pick up faults so a second hand one minght also be faulty.

They are around £180-£200 new from the dealers.

Unless your cars has Hydractive 3+ suspension with the sport function, or your car has ESP, then it wont need to be coded into the car, if your car has either of them it will need coding.

The unit is very straight forward to replace, you need to remove the steering wheel, but its easy.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
donttalkrun

Post by donttalkrun »

thanks for your reply.
i have the lx model not familiar with citroen cars,but the suspension only has an up and down button on it,and the esp function is a mystery to me any way i can find out. thanks. :cry:
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Your car wont have the H3+ suspension being an LX, so you wont have the sport button and therefore the steering wheel angle sensor in the unit wont need programming.

Unless your car has it as an option, probably not, then you wont have ESP either, not on a 53reg LX.

So you dont need your new indicator unit coding to the car, its a matter of getting hold of the right one (since you have an estate you will have a rear wiper, but you wont have auto lights and wipers being an LX), make sure you get the one which suits the functions of your current comms unit (wipers, lights etc) and then its a fairly straightforward fit.

What problem are you having which is prompting you to fit a new stalk unit?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10