r/c/l picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

r/c/l picasso

Post by deano1970 »

hi,
I have just changed from a xantia 2.0hdi to an 02 plate picassso.thing is,i bought it on e bay,and asked the guy how many keys thre were.the reply was 2,which is fine,but neither are the remote locking fob,just two hard keys for the door.this is ok,but with winter coming,locks freezing up etcI I though id find out if poss how I would go about obtaining a working,remote locking fob for my picasso? any ideas anyone? thanks,dean
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I think all Picassos came from new with at least one remote locking key. Unless there was a basic which didn't?

You can always go to the dealers and for around 130+ pounds they will supply you with a new key, usually coded for that kind of money too.

If your wanting a cheaper option then used keys are normally available on ebay, though im not sure what your Picasso one should look like. I think its like the C5 key, as the Xsaras use the same.

Once you have a good condition used key which is in working order, you will need to replace the blade with a blank and get that cut for your locks. Then the key needs to be programmed to work the RCL and to activate the immobiliser. To code the key requires visiting someone with a Lexia (i think they can code keys?) Or visiting the dealers.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Dont waste your time & money on second hand keys/remotes, most of them will only program to one car.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

wheeler wrote:Dont waste your time & money on second hand keys/remotes, most of them will only program to one car.
Oh, really? I didnt know that.

Looks like your going to have to go to the dealers for this one then, deano.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

some key cutting shops can supply after market plips but not for all makes and models, obviously you will have to enquire with any local to you

regards malcolm
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

The one used on the Picasso is actually a Pug key I think - the fob is rectangular and the blade doesn't fold. We discussed this a while back wrt to C5s and came to the conclusion that the immobiliser chip in the key is blank and car writes to the chip, and this is a once only operation, hence the key cannot be coded to start another car. It may be possible to configure the fob to open the car, but that's not much use if it won't start it! If course, if you weren't too worried about security you could always tape the old key to the steering column, but then you would probably get the key left in warning all the time.... :roll:
Richard W