Xantia Series 2 headlight trim

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

seanb

Post by seanb »

:D Hi, I have just bought a 1999 1.9td with 49k miles on the clock. I have brought the car over to France where I live. I have bought a pair of LHD headlights which I need to fit. Does anyone know how to remove the small body coloured headlight trim under each headlight as I assume these need removing to get access to headlight fixing bolt?

Many thanks

Sean
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hello Sean, c'est trés facile. First open the bonnet.

Remove headlight protectors if fitted. Next look to the fan shroud/nose cone just in front of the slam panel. Remove the two Torx head screws in its face, and then prise up the centres of its two push clips on the upper (horizontal) edge. Remove the push clip outer pieces, and lift the shroud away.

Release the blinkers by carefully pressing down on the grey plastic release tabs at their rear immediately next to the headlamp. Slide forward while pressing, and they will come free - unclip the plugs.

Now you can readily see the end fixings - whitish bifurcated U-clips. Carefully prise off. Ease the undertrims forward and out. From here you can see/access all the headlight fixing screws.
seanb

xantia headlight trim

Post by seanb »

:D Hi Addo
That's brilliant thank you and such a quick reply. I see you are in Oz, I hope you enjoy the cricket if you are a follower of the game.
Many thanks and best wishes.
Sean
rmunns
My Cars: 2019 C5 Aircross 2litre diesel, auto.
2018 C4 Pic2 Spacetourer auto. Seems nice so far.
2019 C4 Cactus manual. Didn't like it, lots of niggling points. sold.
2011 C4 Picasso excl. - shaping up to be a disaster, bought June 2019. P/X'd
2009 Citroen C5 X7 exclusive, auto, LHD, 207500km (129000miles) now sold
Citroen Xsara Picasso excl. 2004 2.0 Hdi, RHD, 64000miles. (sold)
Citroen C3 Picasso excl. 2016. sold.
Two Xantias, one petrol, one diesel. sold.

In the past: Renault 16 (in about 1977, for a year). With front pass. seat out transported full bathroom suite from Cambridge to Derby!)
Renault 4TL (in 2011, for a year)

Post by rmunns »

Hi

I also live in France and have an ex-UK Xantia markII.

The headlight job is straightforward, while you are doing this check out how the indicator fittings can be removed, so you know how easy it is should you need to ever change an indicator bulb. Without knowing how they come out it is difficult to see how to do it.
seanb

Post by seanb »

:D Good advice thank you.
Sean