Reversing Sensors - DIY C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

graysclassics

Reversing Sensors - DIY C5

Post by graysclassics »

Just bought a C5 saloon for the wife (2001 model 2.2HDI 16) this was just a "little" stop-gap while I repair her Clio (hope the clio doesnt make it...) I am loving the C5 so far.....!

To give her more confidence when reversing the beast I will fit some parking/reversing sensors.

Q> Would it be best to remove the rear bumper to do the job properly?

Thanks chaps.... :?:
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

No need to remove the bumper. There's access from under the car, but it helps to remove the rear inside boot trim, which allows sight and access to the back of the bumper.

Work out carefully where to place the sensors so as to avoid the reinforcing webs.
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

I never used to remove the bumper on these car's either, like dnsey says just be wary of where you position the sensors (2 or 4?). Will you be using a genuine Citroen system? with these you should get 2 types of 'angled' spacers to fit between then actual sensor & the bumper, i generally use the thicker of the two & angle the sensor upwards as they tend to be rather over sensitive & go off randomly :evil: . If you are using the genuine citroen reverse sensors the holes you need to drill into the bumper are 19mm (i think), i used to use a 'hole cutter' but this tended to make a mess of the paintwork so ironically i always removed the bumper when using this & drilled it from inside, a regular 'cone cutter' will suffice but you may need to enlarge the hole if fitting a genuine citroen system.
Music keeps me going.