Pug 406 Wiring Help

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

skyclad

Pug 406 Wiring Help

Post by skyclad »

Hi peeps.

Thought I'd waste a bit of time today to try and fix my central locking. Simply dosn't function at all. When I use the fob I can hear a relay clicking so undaunted I scrabbled about under the glove box and managed to remove the CL Unit. The thermal fuse had gone but resoldering made no difference.

The problem I have at the Mo is that my Haynes book is for post 99 406 and my wagon is a 97 XU 1.8 petrol estate. Has anyone in Pug world got a circuit diagram of this paricular CL unit (2 relays 9 pins)

Much obliged... :)
Pug 406L 1997
Transit Campervan 1990
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Although I do not have my tech data to hand, I do not recall seeing the internals of the unit being shown. Typically it will just show the unit and the wiring coming out of it, nothing more.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
skyclad

Post by skyclad »

I don't expect to obtain the internal circuitry (This is obviously under the official secrets act) But just its connections to the door locks and switches would help me sus out whats happining. I will take a "bodge it and see " method of diagnosis if I can't find any further info.

Have a nice day :)
Pug 406L 1997
Transit Campervan 1990
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Will it open up ?

I did think about the 306 unit (the on thats fitted under the drivers seat but that's combined alarm / immobilizer as well as the 'memory' for the remote locking) , although that one does come apart quite easily.

If you can open it up I would say you stand a reasonable to good chance of fixing it. ;)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG