Thieves Paradise

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Alec B
My Cars:

Thieves Paradise

Post by Alec B »

Hi to all, Yes our Picasso likes to unlock itself all the time. It usually does it the second you lock up but sometime's it's later (we hear it as we are walking away)so we re-lock, but worse still when we are no where near which is worrying. Any ideas? I thought I'd banished electronic gremlins when the Xantia went, it's a Citroen thing I guess :roll:
Current Car
C5 Estate VTR 1.6HDi 2005 S2

Previous French Cars
Pug 205 Gti 1.6 1985.
Xantia Estate LX 2000 90bhp HDi
Xsara Picasso VTX 1.6 HDi (92) 2007
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

unfortunatly not just citroens, its a modern car thing now :(
It sounds like the car thinks a door is open and so will stop you from locking it so i would start by checking the door open buttons in the door shuts, do all the doors shut properly?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Alec B
My Cars:

Post by Alec B »

Yes Dean they all shut ok. Is the door open switch seperate to the interior light switch as the interior lights go out when the doors are shut. It's just baffling. Alec
Current Car

Previous French Cars
Pug 205 Gti 1.6 1985.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

yeah thats the one, if the interior lights turn off ok it must be something else, in fact it would unlock imediatly if that were the case, it would trigger the alarm if it detected a door opening once the alarm was armed so it could be an alarm fault, does it do it if you lock it with the key rather than the remote?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Alec B
My Cars:

Post by Alec B »

Not tried yet with the key will give it a go. It doesn't have an alarm either only the exclusive got it I think.
Current Car

Previous French Cars
Pug 205 Gti 1.6 1985.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i think the door lockmechanisum's have a micro switch inside which tells the central locking the door is shut/open,

Picasssooooo's do suffer with lock's failling to lock/unlock, and the usual fix is a new unit, as they are a sealed unit you will probably have troubledismantling them,

we just fitted a new O/S/R one to my daughters Piscasssoooo at £50 quid for the new unit,

a few months back i bought one for my freinds Piscasssoooo at around £36 quid,

not sure how you would determin which door was playing up without it pluged into a DIS LEXIA,

regards malcolm
Alec B
My Cars:

Post by Alec B »

Hi Malcom cheers for that. Looks like I'm going to need to put a Lexia on to it. It's only 3 years old and started costing me already :roll: .
Current Car

Previous French Cars
Pug 205 Gti 1.6 1985.
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

One give away of a faulty door lock mechanism is the interior light not operating when the door is opened (although this was more common on xsara's due to their somewhat infamous door wiring harness issues), just try opening each of the doors & see if the interior light comes on, IF it doesn't then that could well be a clue as to which door lock mechanism is causing the issue. I've known customers cars to 'train' & by that i mean first one lock will go then another then another etc until all 4 (inc sometimes the even the boot lock [although thats more rare] ) have been replaced. One other way of diagnosing which lock is at fault is to lock either/both front doors with the key, does it lock or does it bounce? (try both front doors). It's an annoying & sad fact but I've changed so many of these mechanisms i could fill a small skip with them!. If you can get access to a lexia this should help greatly as you can go into the vehicles parameters to see which door is registering as being opened/closed.
Music keeps me going.