back doors to a tail lift(hatch) on a berlingo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jezmondo

back doors to a tail lift(hatch) on a berlingo

Post by jezmondo »

has anyone converted thier two doors on back to hatch/tailgate type??

not sure if the vans ever had this option on them??

be nice to get out of that rain!!
:oops:
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

I've not witnessed anyone doing such a conversion on a van but some Berlingo vans did come with tailgate's but as you're no doubt your aware they're rare, i seem to recall Mk1's having the tailgate option but I'm not too sure about the later models. Maybe you should try calling into your local Citroen (parts) dealer & ask them to do you a print out of the components your likely to require in order to carry out the conversion BUT in order to do this accurately they're likely to want the chassis number of such a vehicle with a tailgate. :?
Music keeps me going.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Some vans did have the single 'hatch' lift but it was very rare. Certainly (with the Partner equivalent at least) I can only recall seeing the odd one, I guess they are special order.

As I'm recovering (!) from a complete system failure I don't have access to any tech data regarding this, I would be surprised if the fittings were not actually present though already on the shell. It may be a case of just obtaining hatch, rear loom ( if needed, remember where number plate light light is ;) ) and the appropriate fixings (hinges / struts etc)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG