Hydractive Suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Darren69

Hydractive Suspension

Post by Darren69 »

I've had my C5 for a week now and next to my handbrake is two arrows and a sports button in the middle - does the front arrow operate the front suspension and the other arrow operate the rear suspension?

daz
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

I think you'll find that the handbook explains all the controls.

If there wasn't one with the car: if bought from a trader, it's "not fit for the purpose" in that you cannot safely use any vehicle unless you have access to the handbook; if bought privately, you may have to invest in a new one.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
Darren69

Post by Darren69 »

Old-Guy wrote:I think you'll find that the handbook explains all the controls.

If there wasn't one with the car: if bought from a trader, it's "not fit for the purpose" in that you cannot safely use any vehicle unless you have access to the handbook; if bought privately, you may have to invest in a new one.
I've got the handbook but all it says is that you press once to adjust the suspension.

not to worry matey - i'll have a play!
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

The arrows adjust the ride height up and down.

You can go down one level to almost no ground clearance (don't drive in this condition). There are two higher ride height levels available, the top one of which has virtually no suspension movement and will lower automatically if you drive off and exceed 6mph. The intermediate level will also lower automatically but I forget the exact figure (18mph? 24mph?).

The sport button stiffens the suspension up but I don't have that button so can't tell you what effect that really has.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Darren69

Post by Darren69 »

Paul-R wrote:The arrows adjust the ride height up and down.

You can go down one level to almost no ground clearance (don't drive in this condition). There are two higher ride height levels available, the top one of which has virtually no suspension movement and will lower automatically if you drive off and exceed 6mph. The intermediate level will also lower automatically but I forget the exact figure (18mph? 24mph?).

The sport button stiffens the suspension up but I don't have that button so can't tell you what effect that really has.
Thank's for that :D
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Note that the Sport button doesn't really stiffen the suspension - the car will do that itself in 'normal' mode when pushed - Sport just lowers the theresholds whereby it switches into 'hard' mode. Hence if you press the button there is no immediae change in ride, but you may notice it having less dive and sqaut and roll in 'normal' driving.
Richard W