Changing MAP Sensor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stuart graham

Changing MAP Sensor

Post by stuart graham »

Well I have just changed the MAP sensor on my Xsara 1.8 16v IT is a begger to do but can be done without removing all the bits and pieces as per the haynes manual, This is how I finally managed it(it took nearly 2 hours) you can get a 10mm combination spanner in from the right hand side of the inlet manifold under the throttle assy(it is a tight fit for your hand, this took only a few minutes, after trying like a bear for another 1 1/4 hours trying to but the new one back in in the reverse order I eventually gave up and lay down under neath the car on the passangers side and managed to reach up and just get the screw in place with just a couple of threads by manipulating it with my fingers then I managed to use the spanner from above next the connector this can be reached by slipping your hand down the left hand side of the manifold and the right hand assists from under the front of the manifold to push it home. After all this I just hope it has cured my cutting out problem and the erratic idling. By the way the Map sensor cost £67.56 inc Vat From Auto Equip Pieces in Rutherglen Scotland. Hope this has been of help to someone, if any one else has changed this on eiter a 16v Xsara or Saxo I would be interested to hear how you got on [:)]