Just like to say thanks gents…………

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Linegeist
My Cars:

Just like to say thanks gents…………

Post by Linegeist »

Firstly for all the superb info so freely given, and secondly for putting me onto Andy Spares – [:)]
I recently retired to France (just outside Versailles) and, by sheer good luck, picked up a 1.9 BX GT with a genuine 100,000km on the clock. 1 owner (elderly gent giving up driving) new tyres, etc, etc ……. all totally verifiable. Full French MOT and runs like a dream. I’ve always wanted one of these but never had the time to work on them and now it looks I’ve found the proverbial hen’s teeth J.
Naturally the spheres are suspect as is the accumulator. The speedo wobbles nicely otherwise she’s clean as a whistle. The local Citroen dealer wanted nearly 60 Euros a throw to replace the 5 spheres plus another 200 Euros to replace the cambelt!! I nearly had a swift infarct!!
Andy Spares on the other hand has slashed that dramatically, so, just waiting for the parts to arrive now before I get my hands dirty and my very own ‘magic carpet’ [^]
Once again, thank you very much gentlemen, for a very useful resource.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

When I was in France last weekend to see the Le Mans 24hr race I spotted a BX Sport which are very rare. Saw one in Chamonioux(?) 2 years ago when Skiing. Don't think they sold them in this country? 1.9 on carbs
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

They didn't sell them in the UK (no RHD version?) - though I've got a contemporary road test in Autocar on a French model. Also, they were late versions of the Mk 1s, and hence it was probably thought that the Mk 2 GTis and 16vs would serve the performance market better, and could have proper RHD versions. Catalin (who posts here sometimes) has one.
David