Need Help with C5 Parts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

120L
My Cars:

Need Help with C5 Parts

Post by 120L »

Hi

I'm from Sydney Australia and we have a 2005 C5. Its still of the original Series not the updated model.

We need a few parts for this car and I was wondering if I can source them from England?

Also has anyone changed the CD player in a Series I C5 to another CD player which also has MP3 capability? We really want to do this but not lose the functions the current stereo has such a displays and remote control. Can I just get a CD player from a later C5?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The CD player from a mk2 C5 would not be compatable with a mk1 C5.
If you really want to keep the radio controls then a company called autoleads > http://www.autoleads.co.uk/ do adaptors for most popular brands of radio to enable you to keep the original radio controls. Im not aware of any interfaces that would allow you to keep the radio information on the cars display, why would you need it anyway as the radio you fit in will have its own display ?
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Ive got a connects2 lead in my C5 so i can play my ipod, fitted to the original S1 C5 radio/CD player. It works well and obviously doesnt effect the steering wheel controls or the display.

You can't really fit an after market radio to a C5 with much success, as the buttons either side of the radio clip onto the radio, so if your change it there is going to be nowhere for the buttons to attach.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
frenchcarnut

Post by frenchcarnut »

wheeler wrote: why would you need it anyway as the radio you fit in will have its own display ?
He sounds like a purist.

However, back in Blighty, we'll all be scuppered with older radios once digital is enforced upon us. I wonder how that's going?
Daily Mail in their 9th July 2010 [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1293027/Digital-radio-rethink-Minister-stops-short-switch-date-FM.html#ixzz1448dSxUC]article[/url] wrote:Traditional FM radio was thrown a lifeline yesterday after a minister said that if it kept enough listeners it would not be switched off. Radio chiefs want all sets to be digital by 2015, a move the Labour Government had agreed to. But communications minister Ed Vaizey yesterday downgraded this to 'an aspiration' and said: 'We will not switchover until the vast majority of listeners have voluntarily adopted digital radio. 'We will not switch over to digital until digital coverage matches FM.
So 5 years at least to enjoy glorious analogue
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
120L
My Cars:

Thanks + Other Parts

Post by 120L »

Thankss for the information. I'll follow up the leads.

Can you guys tell me where to get other parts like rear driver side door locks, timing belt kits etc..?

Regards
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

GSF are a widely used supplier of after market spares and replacements and they have an international service.

AEP Direct also carry a large range of parts and are said to have the edge on spheres, couldn't comment on that personally. May trade overseas, again can't confirm.

The other popular one is ECP.

eBay is also a good source of parts and the companies above also trade on eBay.

Another of our Australian contingent sources lots of parts from the UK, many from eBay. He will no doubt confirm and advise when he sees this thread.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

to be honest im surprised you oz guys aren't ganging together and doing a big group buy from a supplier and filling a pallet crate up every year or maybe a container if someone feels flush and wants a car shipping out there.

plenty of brits are emmigrating every year and this could be a good way of getting more cars across the big blue...
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

A Sony mp40 car stereo cd player will fit with adapter plays mp3's and works fine with the control stalk in the mk1.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

KP, I have been thinking about this very thing.. renting a container and filling it up with bits for guys down under.. probably a nightmare minefield, but it interests me :twisted:

John