Early C5 Eolys Question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

puddle jumper
My Cars:

Early C5 Eolys Question

Post by puddle jumper »

Good Evening.. Have an early C5 2.2 HDi and I am refilling the eolys tank with DPX 42, Am I right in thinking you can fill the tank through the overflow vent to save taking ali tray off and disconecting pipes ? Sure I have read it on here someware but cant see it now...
My Xantia is dead {at 250K) long live my C5 exclusive...Bing Bong Damaged Tyre Detected... Bing Bong ESP/ASR sys.....bing bloody bong.

01 C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive SE
Past loves 1.9TD Xanta RIP & 1.9D BX
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

You can top up the Eolys without removing the covers.

If you're using a top up kit you'll have the necessary pipes and containers for you to top up through the breather pipe which comes off the top of the tank and runs up to a breather which is mounted above the rear left wheel arch.

This breather pipe has a plug/socket joint as it comes from the tank and approaches the nearside sill. Split the joint here and connect your top up tube.

You also need to remove the black 1 inch dia, or so, cover on the side overflow outlet. Place a clean container under this to catch the Eolys when/if it starts to overflow (depending on how much you're putting in). When it starts to overflow it's full.

If you're not using a kit it may be more tricky. You will need some sort of pipe and funnel and maybe top up via the 1 inch overflow. But, use a bowl to catch any spillage.

Good luck.

p.s. I topped my Eolys recently and accidently got some on my fingers. Nothing happened, it didn't burn like rumours suggested. It evaporated really quickly and i just washed with soapy water.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Cheers, Kev

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
puddle jumper
My Cars:

Post by puddle jumper »

Thank you for the reply, Had the cover off this morning the only pipe I could make the connector on the pipe from the kit fit was the lowest one on the RHS of the tank as you look at it from the back. With it all connectec, a hole drilled in the bottom of the supply bottle and the cover on the overflow removed the eolys would not flow into the tank. Me thinks I shalll put it in through the overflow.... any thoughts ?
My Xantia is dead {at 250K) long live my C5 exclusive...Bing Bong Damaged Tyre Detected... Bing Bong ESP/ASR sys.....bing bloody bong.

KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Don't connect to either of the two pipe sockets actually on the tank.

I've just nipped out and took this photo.

In the pic below the connection point is the joint in the pipe at the top of the picture. Connect your top up kit to here.

Remove the overflow outlet cap on the right. The one with the white markings.

Cheers, Kev

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i think if you are trying to attach at the RH=O/S (UK drivers side ) of the car, you are the wrong side of the car/tank as N/S=left is UK passengers side,

regards malcolm
puddle jumper
My Cars:

Post by puddle jumper »

Much appreciated kev. thank you - Looks slightly diffrent to mine but ill have a good poke around now.....

Many thanks - great info

Oh joy- Job done, Found the fill pipe sandwiched between Eolys tank and fuel tank so its obiviously been off before I had it, all reconected and tank filled with 3.5 lts eolys, Thank you for your time and effort.

Just a quick footnote to this thread its been well over a week since I filled the eolys tank and one result of it is that it seems to have cured an intermitent problem I have had for some time of the ESP/ASR warning coming up when you first started the car, stopping it and restarting it after 30 seconds normally put it out. No other warnings came up with it. but after filling the tank - no sign of it. Coincedence or fluid level ?
Sorry if this bumps a dead thread but it may help some one..
Last edited by puddle jumper on 09 Nov 2010, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Glad to help.

The forum delivers once again :D :D :D
Cheers, Kev