Help needed depserately! Diesel running issues...

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kevgriggs
My Cars:

Help needed depserately! Diesel running issues...

Post by kevgriggs »

Right, for those who saw my previous thread, this is old news, but the history (apologies for the long post, but I'm lost now):

I removed my diesel pump (1.9d Boxer, Bosch pump) to remove the immobiliser as it had developed a fault - it would not read the code when the engine was hot ands refused to start. During the removal process I dropped the pump and on reassembly it sprang a leak from the governor cover.

I bought a replacement pump, and assembled this to the vehicle, only to find it was leaking from the throttle shaft! Doh! So I removed and set about stripping down to fix the leak. I stripped down the replacement pump as I knew the one on the van (prior to being dropped) was good, so I used the replacement as a test. All went well, so I stripped the original pump and replaced the seals - I used a smear of instant gasket on the governor cover to be sure it would seal.

On reassembly to the van, the engine started no trouble, but had no throttle response at all. I removed and stripped the pump again and checked that I had put the throttle shaft back through the plate properly and whilst it seemed OK, I took apart and re-assebmled to be sure.

All back on the van and exactly the same issue, so I assumed that maybe some instant gasket had worked its way into the pump or similar. So I completed the rebuild of the replacement pump and installed that (minus the instant gasket this time). Guess what - exactly the same issue.

The engine starts and idles just fine, no smoke, no rough running; I can hear the note change with the idle speed control lever moving. The engine also cuts out when the emergency stop lever is pulled back.

I really am at a loss now, and I am looking for anything else that could cause the problem. I know that the pump is assembled correctly (I have checked with guide after guide on the net to be sure I have done it right).

Any other suggestions, PLEASE!?!?!
2001 Peugeot Boxer 1.9D
kevgriggs
My Cars:

Post by kevgriggs »

For the benefit of those reading this post, Jim has offered advice on my previous thread and it turns out that had the throttle arm out of alignment with the throttle shaft - I had checked this on the original pump, but not the replacement - all is now well (or so it appears)!

Thanks Jim - :D

How stupid was I not to check this on both pumps!! :oops:
2001 Peugeot Boxer 1.9D