CAR ALARM PROBLEM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CITMAN
My Cars:

CAR ALARM PROBLEM

Post by CITMAN »

I HAVE 95' CITROEN ZX 1.4I. IT HAS AN AFTER MARKET ALARM (DIGITAL MAKE) UNFORTUNTELY THE PLASTIC MOUNTS ON THE SIREN ITSELF IN THE ENGINE BAY HAVE BROKEN. ON TRYING TO REMOVE THE UNIT FROM THE ENGINE BAY BY DISCONNETING THE WIRING TO THE UNIT I FOUND OUT THAT WITH THE WIREN UNPLUGGED FROM THE UNIT NON OF THE LIGHTS ON THAT DASH LIGHT UP APART FROM THE BATTERY LIGHT, AND THE ENGINE REFUSED TO START ON PLUGGING THE WIRING BACK INTO THE UNIT THE EVERYTHING IS NORMAL, SO IM CUURENTLY DRIVING AROUND WITH THE THINK STRAPPED TO ITS MOUNTING WITH LOTS SPEAKER CABLE.
THE THING IS BECAUSE THE CAR ALARM IS LINKED TO MY CARS KEY PAD IMMOBOLISER IS IT POSSIBLE TO REMOVE THE CAR ALARM QUICKLY, EASILY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY CHEAPLY. AND ALSO HOW THIS DONE BECAUSE I CANNOT FIND THE INSTRUCTIONS.
PLEASE HELP.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

i wouldnt think it is linked to you key pad,it sounds as if it has its own built in imobiliser & is wired to cut off the feed out from the ignition switch.if you remove the covers around the ignition switch to expose the wires comming out of it you will likely find that one of the wires has been cut and a wire has been joined onto each end of it from the alarm,you have to cut these wires off & join it back up the way it originally was.this is the most likely way that it was wired.its kinda hard to explain how to do it without being able to show you. does the starter still turn ? if not it may be a dual circut imobiliser and the same will have to be done to the starter wire.
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

the engine still spins over but wont start with the siren unit disconnected. any more ideas
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

im pretty sure what i said above will be the problem,if the starter still turns then its just a single circut imobiliser cutting the ignition.by disconnecting the siren you are opening the circut on the ignition switch,it will have to be bypassed as said above.
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

thanks a lot for your help!!!!