407 won't start!!!! HELP

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

volvoturboman
My Cars:

407 won't start!!!! HELP

Post by volvoturboman »

Long story short, my friend's ex partner is coming on Saturday to collect his car and we can't get it to start. Its an 04 407 2.0 HDI 136 SE. It has been sitting idol for 6 months and only started once approx 2 months ago. Between yesterday and today we tried to tow start and jump start it. It just won't turn over and no clicking from the solenoid, we have got enough power in it to light up the dash lights brightly but still no response. Whats confusing me most of all is that the starter solenoid isn't even clicking any ideas???
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

If its not even attempting to turn over (there are other things I'll admit) , the battery is the first area to look at.

Do not confuse enough power to put the lights on with the battery being OK, the drain to operate the starter is quite large. ;)

Remove / charge up / refit battery, I know you said you tried a jump start, but see below:

Before doing that, quickly check the battery leads themselves (at the battery end and the other end of the leads if you can see them) are clean (ie not corroded or got green / white fluff on them) and tight.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Dash lights may be bright but put the main beams on for a few minutes and see what happens to them.
If they dim in less than five minutes suspect the battery.