p reg peugeot 406 speedometer problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tony2k9
My Cars:

p reg peugeot 406 speedometer problem

Post by tony2k9 »

first of all i'd like to say hi all im new to peugeots and have no idea about this problem, i dont drive myself but bought my partner a p reg 406 1.9td,which is fine car drives well ,is very fuel economical and always starts(except when she forgets to put the code in). to get to the point the mileometer works fine, the revcounter works fine but the speedo doesn't, it works intermittently when you flick the switch that zeros the milometer it starts working again.its not the contacts on the back of the speedo i checked that can you change the cluster with out losing the milage? anyway thanks for help
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

firsrt thing i would check is the conection/plug conector at the gear box end, this is just above the were the O/S drive shaft comes out of the diff,

and is pluged onto the speed transducer,

but im not sure as you mileomiter is working

regards malcolm
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

You probably have a broken track in the instrument panel pcb on the speedometer area itself. The reasoning being by pressing the button you are flexing the board slightly, enough to make it work.

The mileage is stored in the instrument panel at this age, they are pre multiplexed.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG