Car locked with dead lock on can not get in

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

osnauk
My Cars:

Car locked with dead lock on can not get in

Post by osnauk »

My key fob has stopped working and my car is locked with the dead lock on, could someone advise how to open the car and get a new keyfob
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

You should be able to still open the car by using the key manually in the door lock, This will work the deadlocks.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
osnauk
My Cars:

Post by osnauk »

Citroenmad wrote:You should be able to still open the car by using the key manually in the door lock, This will work the deadlocks.
the key will not work that i have and can not open the doors from the inside
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I've only ever had to remove a deadlock when I already had access into the car.

And it was not nice. Removal of trim panel (with door shut!) and then a chisel to destroy the lock from inside the panel. :(

I am not aware of a way of releasing them (the key will, if its the right key for the door and the battery is not flat) , as they are a security measure after all.

I do not think I could post said information if I knew anyway.

I do have one non destructive (probably) idea although if it will work on this model or not I am not sure, I am reluctant to post it however as its potentially useful to thieves, unfortunately. I've used it on some cars where the car has deadlocked itself up with the keys in (rare but highly annoying!) A staff member will need to PM me first and I'll tell them, then see if they want to post it or not.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
sijrayner
My Cars:

Post by sijrayner »

just to ask here, sorry to hijack your post, my rear nearside door has decided to lock itself and will not open. although having been that way for ages one day it did open and worked fine for about 3 days then it stopped unlocking again. now i am back to a 3 door car, not much fun when you have 3 kids. anyone got any ideas pls.
why oh why did i buy a C5.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

sijrayner wrote:just to ask here, sorry to hijack your post, my rear nearside door has decided to lock itself and will not open. although having been that way for ages one day it did open and worked fine for about 3 days then it stopped unlocking again. now i am back to a 3 door car, not much fun when you have 3 kids. anyone got any ideas pls.
Common problem with C5s. The child locks are poorly designed and will prevent the door opening from inside or out.
f00lzz
My Cars:

Re: Car locked with dead lock on can not get in

Post by f00lzz »

osnauk wrote:My key fob has stopped working and my car is locked with the dead lock on, could someone advise how to open the car and get a new keyfob
With all due respect, I think it would be wrong for anyone on this forum to assist you in overcoming this security issue.. you are afterall a new member that no one on here appears to know well. I think our best advise should be to seek help from a dealership or other garage that can check the validity of your ownership. O:)
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

osnauk wrote:the key will not work that i have and can not open the doors from the inside
Common symptom after a big night out. Has the colour changed slightly (or a lot) since you last drove it? :wink:

More seriously, try the passenger door lock with your key as it usually wears a lot less and the friction clutches are likely to be OK - or if it has a key operated hatch, open that and wriggle inside.

Last resort would be busting a window, I suppose. I'd replace the remote's battery first though.