have just lost about 450ml of LHM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chris570
(Donor 2020)

have just lost about 450ml of LHM

Post by Chris570 »

with no visible leaks on the floor....

question is which sphere....

suspension is soft as it should be.

my tick rate is about every 4 seconds but the sitting in the boot test works with the engine off so i'm at a bit of a loss as to what it is
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's a bloody quick tick Chris..

See what the tick is like if you force hard mode by pulling F8. If it's back to the normal long one then the problem is hydractive.

My best guess here is that the anti-sink sphere or a corner sphere has ruptured itself. Also, don't forget that on hydractive cars, corners (especially rears) can rupture and you'll be barely aware because the centre sphere is doing all the work of making it feel soft.

Also, the main accumulator could have popped. The sit in the boot test can take it's source of pressure from a good anti-sink sphere.

When removed, ruptured corners will spray a needle jet of LHM out of the damper hole for minutes on end. Easiest way to tell if a corner is ruptured.

That in itself doesn't explain the fast tick. It may be an unrelated red herring but do the test in hard to begin initial diagnosis.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

will do :)

all 4 corner spheres were replaced 8 months ago and the a/s was replaced when the rear h/c was done about 3 months ago.

Sounding like ACC then if it can take pressure from the rear accumulator.

I'll test in hard though to make sure
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'