Citroen c5 2.2hdi fault codes help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

woodywoodpecker

Citroen c5 2.2hdi fault codes help

Post by woodywoodpecker »

C5 2.2hdi mk1 2004

Hi can anyone help with fixing these fault codes P0380 which lexia tells me pre post heating relay short circuit to positive, i can hear the glowplug relay clicking when lexia commands it also code P2120 inlet air heater circuit electrovalve short circuited to earth or open circuit ?? this one i dont know where to look. also when i start the car from cold over night it starts first turn of the key but the idle is up and down for about 3 or 4 mins then its fine once warming up till the temp goes cold again overnight. Any help on this would be very much appreciated.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

"pre post heating relay short circuit"

This could be a faulty glow plug. This may affect the tickover while the engine is cold..just guessing here :lol:

"P2120 inlet air heater circuit electrovalve short circuited to earth or open circuit"

This one sounds like a fault with one of the electrovalves which control the air inlet flaps in the ducting just before the inlet manifold.

Check the plug connections on these valves to see if one is loose.

These can be found in the air inlet ducting. There are two vacuum operated flaps, one is air inlet from the intercooler. The other is air inlet which bypasses the intercooler. This second path is used when the FAP is regenerated to heat up the inlet air.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
woodywoodpecker

Re: Citroën c5 2.2hdi fault codes help

Post by woodywoodpecker »

woodywoodpecker wrote:C5 2.2hdi mk1 2004

Hi can anyone help with fixing these fault codes P0380 which lexia tells me pre post heating relay short circuit to positive, i can hear the glowplug relay clicking when lexia commands it also code P2120 inlet air heater circuit electrovalve short circuited to earth or open circuit ?? this one i dont know where to look. also when i start the car from cold over night it starts first turn of the key but the idle is up and down for about 3 or 4 mins then its fine once warming up till the temp goes cold again overnight. Any help on this would be very much appreciated.
Kev thanks for your reply will check this tomorr cheers.