indicator contact

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

craigbooth

indicator contact

Post by craigbooth »

hi every one.
i have recently purchased a 2003 2.0 hdi sx Citroen c5
seems to be a fair car no major issues but would like a little advice.
the copper ring in the idicator and light stalks one has broken can any one sugest where i might be able to buy one ?
also
when driving if i push the car i.e over 4k rpm it has a server loss of power and struggles to get over 70mph i think it drops into limp home mode there is no visual display to sugest this just no power
i have no real history on the car so any help would be great.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hello Craig, you will hear the word "Lexia" waved around somewhat here.

It's the Citroën diagnostic system that cars like yours, are plugged into. Quite a few members have either the authentic gear or a Chinese copy. If you look up the Sticky topic "Lexia Locations" it may be that someone near you has a machine.

Negotiations beyond that would remain between you and that person; it might be at indy garage rates or beer tokens, depending on their overall resources.

Cheers, Adam.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

The copper ring is for the switch cycling through the multi-function display options on my C5. If yours is the same then bad luck as I had to buy another (second hand) assembly from a scrapper.

Cost me £90 too! Mind you that's significantly cheaper than a new one...
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
craigbooth

Post by craigbooth »

Thanks I did a search on the online scrappers but cheapest I could find was around 90 quid (I will make one before I pay that) still not sure about the slumber node the car seems to slip into I will have a look for some one with the lexia equipment but think it might just be some thing simple like the air mass sensor or some thing of that nature if any one else has had similar problems let me know