Picasso Parking Sensors advice wanted

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

budgiebutler
My Cars:

Picasso Parking Sensors advice wanted

Post by budgiebutler »

HI
Have just purchased a picasso 2.0HDi Diesel very nice 54 MPG ( still got the old Xantia only 50 MPG [better ride])
BUT I cant seem to judge front or rear distance for parking
So I have bought 2 packs of parking sensors for front and rear
( £15 of ebay each ) Stupidly thought back bumper would be easy to fix to being plastic BUT it seems to be metal behind which I did expect But not so hidden and so close to plastic front appears similar

ANY advice would be gratefully accepted

I assume bumpers off BUT how hard is that ???

Many Thanks in advance
dowen

Post by dowen »

Hi , this reply is a little late I hope it is of some help.
I fit parking sensors for a living, so first of all don't use the drill supplied in thee kit! You need to buy a HSS cutter and arbour (about £5) make sure you get correct size 21mm? drill through plastic and metal, let the cutter do the work then enlarge the metal behind the plastic by about 1mm.so as the sensor fits without fowling the metal You might have to drill through the back of the metal beam if you cant find a way for your wires.
No need to take the bumper off I have well over 1000 without removing bumper! I use brass welding rods to fish wires a coat hanger is same!

Front ones will be easier,try and position them where you will miss the metal behind the plastic. find a 12v+ in the engine bay use a 2 amp in line fuse take it to through the bulk head (you might have to drill!) to a switch, and return to sensor ecu. Pick up ground anywhere convenient.
Mount sensors anywhere dry in engine bay.

Anyway youve probably done it by now! Ive only just seen your post! email me if you have any probs.

Now can you help me with my problem (V6 cams)?

Regards,Dave.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

dowen wrote:Now can you help me with my problem (V6 cams)?
I'm sure one our experts will be along shortly :wink: could be worth starting a new thread though. :D
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

dowen wrote: Now can you help me with my problem (V6 cams)?
This is the thread.. I'll post into it in a bit Dave. I think I have the info you need...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...