Berlingo Multispace Front Seats

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nickmurphy

Berlingo Multispace Front Seats

Post by nickmurphy »

My wife has a 2001 multispace, the drivers seat is shot and i was wondering does anyone know of a seat from a different car that can be fitted-preferably with height adjustment?
thanks in advance
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

The obvious other choice is the Partner Combi (as its the same vehicle) if you can find one.

Failing that a Berlingo or Partner van will hopefully provide a suitable seat.

Its probably possible to swap them side to side if you can only find a good passenger seat (do not do this if you have side air bags) , although you may have to do what I did on my 205 and actually then strip the seats quite a lot to swap the frames over as these are handed.

I'd personally just look around for a seat from another Berlingo / Partner, there should be plenty around. The problem with getting say a ZX etc seat to fit is not only the height its lining the runners / frame up too.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
nickmurphy

Post by nickmurphy »

cheers for your quick reply andy, the van one is different i've been told by a breaker-only reason i ask is because proper multispace ones are hard to finf
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I'm not sure what is different off hand, it has been about 5 years since I last saw one :oops:

I'd assume the mutispace ones are swivel ? (or perhaps have extra 'features' rather than being physically different (although the bases might be different they could be swapped)

Cannot really say much more as I am not sure. :) , hopefully someone who is more familiar will be able to add more information to help you.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG