Picasso 1.6 petrol misfire.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jcdel
My Cars:

Picasso 1.6 petrol misfire.

Post by jcdel »

From cold and going uphill,the vehicle misfires to the point of selecting 1st gear to get over the top.Orange light on at right side of(I suspect engine management light)dashboard.I know its vague but this is exactly how the daughter describes it.Help!!!
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

If your 'k' light is on (the orange engine management light) it would be best to get it plugged into a Lexia to have the cause determined.

Several members on here have one, perhaps someone locally to you can plug it in for you. See here > http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=26807

If you wanted me to take a wild guess, I would suggest a spark plug or part of the coil pack has failed, this may well bring on that light due to the unburnt fuel, amongst other things.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
jcdel
My Cars:

Post by jcdel »

Thanks for that Spider.Now have some more info via a Snap On code reader which basically says Multiple Random Misfire.The list is endless apparently from cracked vac pipes/EGR/Coil Pack/Spark Plugs and so on.It's like being back in the 60/70's whereby you started with the cheapest component and worked your way up.Big difference of course is the cost now.Gut reaction is EGR which is screwing up the mixture etc and causing unburnt fuel symptoms.Nice if it is.Will post results as and when.Getting desperate now.Daughter has borrowed my Zanty 2.0HDi. Scary!!!!!!!!!!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

what you will find is one fault will cause another to be logged, so that list could all/mostly be cause by something like the coil pack, as these do fail

regards malcolm
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

jcdel wrote:Gut reaction is EGR which is screwing up the mixture etc and causing unburnt fuel symptoms.Nice if it is.Will post results as and when.Getting desperate now.
I doubt very much its the EGR valve as i've yet to see a 1.6 petrol picasso with an EGR valve fitted. The 'possible causes' lists you get with generic diagnostic tools & autodata etc are not usually model specific & are more a general list so you will often find them listing componant that are not eben fitted to the car.
The coil packs are very common failures though & if fitting a new one you should always change the spark plugs at the same time.