peugeot 607 2.2 hdi loosing water

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

emc4raz

peugeot 607 2.2 hdi loosing water

Post by emc4raz »

My car looses a litre or so water every few days. I bought the car with this issue i replaced the engine. Was told the problem is with the heat exchanger, but is not showing signs of this carpet is dry no funny smells etc. I did notice some water in one of the boot compartments driver side also when i jacked the front of the car up quite a bit of water came out of the sills..

Are the above signs of a heater matrix
dieselnutjob

Post by dieselnutjob »

The heater box thing has a drain below the AC radiator thing in the dash. I'm wondering if a leaky heater matrix would leak water down the drain tube rather than making the carpets wet, I don't know.
Maybe you could put some red food colouring in the coolant, or buy pink coolant like VWs have and then you might see where it's coming out.
The coolant goes all over the place on the 2.2HDI because you have interior heater, EGR cooler, and gearbox cooler on the autos.
I can't see how it would get into the boot or the sills.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I have seen water coming out of the sills on a 406, we ended up drilling a couple of tiny drain holes in them :( , you could hear gallons ( ! ) moving around when braking heavily etc.

Not sure how it got in though, unless it entered when driving through a flood...
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG