2.1td with air con aux belt issues

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

philb

2.1td with air con aux belt issues

Post by philb »

my first post
ok belt decided to shred itself due to alignment problem on tensioner pulley .

taking that tensioner off was interesting however its not a good design realy the bush through the middle has got needle bearing marks indented in it -amazing how it could have done this to a hardened shaft

the spring damper retainging hole has elongated beyond belief .

question what if we dispense with the aircon and that top spring loaded tensioner and rely on the eccentric tensioner only is there a belt that would do the job
would there be any issues in doing this
i bet someone hads done this .
tia
phill
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Phil,

Yes, it has been done on a Xantia before now. Have a search for posts by MikeT as I know his was/is like that. Although a 1.9TD, the tensioner arrangement is the same.

I know Mike did post how the belt was routed and he may know the length. A PM might be in order if a search refuses to bring up what you need.

Not sure if he did retain the spring-loaded tensioner in use though.
One tip for a belt sizing is to run a length of cord around the pulleys and jockeys you would plan to use and see how long the piece of string is. The order the 6PK belt from a company like this one. The number after 6PK is the length in mm so a 6PK1675 will be 1675mm long.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
philb

Post by philb »

ok well we got a NEW tensioner fitted and all ok
but its not a good solution
an engineer friend said
wht it realy needed was boring out all the needle bearings fitting a phosphur bronze bush with a hardened steel shaft going through it
i have seen 3 cars with aircon and all 3 without exception had off true adjusters

now if i only had a lathe
slappy
My Cars:

Post by slappy »

mine did same had to get puller ,tensioner kit from uniparts was not cheap mine did the same tho what happens is does that and mine made it out by hald degree etc and when we put new one on which was a nightmare did the same so ended up takin it into pug garage cost me 250 notes are try find bill to buy it allagain and have it fitted bit pain but good old pugs know how to make nuts bolts go in the hardest places they really do :cry:

since they did it 20 months ago been fine had car 4 years nearly so expect pay for some work :roll:
"I am driving in my car...................... its not quite a jaguar : - )
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i have copied MikeT's modified routting of the aux belt, but it still use's the auto tensioner and i cant remember for sure the belt size used, i think something like 1152X6 rib/kp

regards malcolm