Citroen ZX dashboard lights part 2

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

timbo2410

Citroen ZX dashboard lights part 2

Post by timbo2410 »

Ok a big thanks to Gingerposer for sending me some new globes so thanks mate :D
I have removed the pulled the instrument panel out and have left all the wiring in place. This has allowed me to flip it upside down and I've started to replace the bulbs. There were more blown than I had thought .... Can somebody tell me what the bottom line of panel lights are from the left to the right please. I can identify the glowplug indicator but to the left of this there are three globes that have no orange warning display in front (located just below the water warning light). I want to know if they have bulbs in them for a reason if not I'll leave them out.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Easiest way I found (on my Xantia dash) was to shine a torch at the rear and look at the front?
timbo2410

Post by timbo2410 »

Haha I've just tried that .... some weird patterns on them ... as it's a diesel I think they may be for the water trap or something ... the car doesn't have ABS or anything else so I think that must be it ... they certainly doen't light up when the ignition is on .... if I had a multimeter I could see if they were using and current ... oh well, they've all been replaced that's the main thing, but if anybody knows then I'm all ears
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

That's how I determined which bulbs to replace. Although there might be fitments for bulbs, they should neither be occupied nor fed any voltage.
timbo2410

Post by timbo2410 »

Well whatever they are they just got new bulbs :D I must say the dash was easy to get out (I had nightmares about doing this), although I haven't got it all back together yet so I won't count my chickens before they hatch :lol:
So thanks to everybody that helped out, couldn't have done it without you ... hope you all have a really great weekend :D
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

All I do (as above) is shine a torch in.

You may find bulbs fitted for items you do not have, that's not uncommon.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG