Peugeot 306 Electric Window and Electrics Problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NixNoo

Peugeot 306 Electric Window and Electrics Problem

Post by NixNoo »

Good Afternoon kind people,

About a month ago, I had my electric windows down, and after trying to use my cigarette lighter (this may have nothing to do with it) my electric windows wouldn't work, the led clock was realllly faint and the battery light came on, and stayed on whenever the car was running.

The windows were stuck down and it was raining so I took the car to my brother and he had a quick look and said that the fuse had blown, so he replaced it and it blew again, he put in a 30amp fuse just so he could shut the windows, but took it out again as said it could cause damage.

Ive noticed that the led clock light is very faint and every now an then it brightens up, and when it does the windows will work, that has only happened 3 times in a month though and I use the car alot, then the led clock fades and the windows wont work.

The car has started perfectly for the past 3 weeks, then this morning I tried to start it, and the battery is as dead as a dodo. I have a compressor thing that normally charges a dead battery in about 3 minutes, and tried that and it wouldn't work either. I am at a total loss and have been made redundant so money is tight. I desperately need my car as I look after my Grandparents. My brother is good with engines and bodywork, and could maybe mend whats wrong with this if we could work out or have a rough idea what is actually wrong with it. Its a 1997 306 HDI Turbo if this helps.

Thank you in advance.
Nikki
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

Citroens...in fact, any French /Italian electrics..............

Battery,how old is it, and, is it a good one?

Alternater, start the car, rev it, it should show around 14 volts iirc? (I 'm no leccy expert..), but it would rule that out.

Bad earth,battery/clamp,starter motor etc?

or a simple dodgy connection getting overloaded, as in my bizarre experiences! (windows/led clock light/alternater/battery light dimming...etc..etc..!)

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=30345
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Might be the door looms, 306's suffer from these and they are a bit of a pain to actually repair as the plug is on the door (so you have to struggle to work in the wiring in the a-pillar)

Another possibility (does the instrument panel actually work?) is water in the rear wiper relay (yes really) as this can short and cause some odd problems, I've seen this happen a couple of times.

If its a 97 it won't be a HDi ;) unless someone has been playing, in 97 that engine had not really left the engineer's r+d workshop as far as I know.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG