Xantia blower permanant on.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

trooper30
My Cars:

Xantia blower permanant on.

Post by trooper30 »

Hi fellas, and so done in with the blower buisnes, just gonna make it a permamnat on with an inline switch.

On the fan unit in the car there are 3 plugs. The brown plug and the single red and single black which go either side of the brown plug. All i want to do is give it power so it comes on full all the time. But do i give the power to the single red and single black feeds? Or do i gove the power to the red and black feeds in the brown plug if that makes any sense?
Thanks for any thoughts fellas.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Don’t plug into any of these connectors, they’re all on the control board, where the fault may be.
You take the thick red and black wires out of the brown plug, and connect them to the red and black wires coming from the motor.
That’s the wires going to the single plugs on either side of the brown plug.

If it works like that, it means that the switch, relay and feed wiring are OK.
If not, the fault can more easily be traced because the speed regulator board is out of contention.
We can then explore along the way you posted in your previous topic, like testing the switch, the earth, the relay, or draw a new feed wire.

Picture of the underside of the speed control board, showing the four brown plug pins to the North-West, with a motor pin below it, and the other motor pin North-West of the transformer at bottom right.

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia blower permanant on.

Post by CitroJim »

trooper30 wrote:Hi fellas, and so done in with the blower buisnes
What blower business? Surely better to fix it properly...

I'm clearly missing a big wodge of history here :roll: :?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
trooper30
My Cars:

Post by trooper30 »

Will try that when it stops raining Clogzz, at the min not to fussed about getting the issue sorted, just need the blowers working/demisting for safetys sake