Blower/heater in C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

candy1567

Blower/heater in C5

Post by candy1567 »

Hiya

Its me again, think i keep this forum going just on my own!!!!

have a C5 2002 2.0 HPI and apart from little stupid faults the car is running fine after changing the fuel pump and the coils which got rid of the anti-pollution fault.

Wen i put the blowers on, the passenger side blows hot even if the temp knob is on cold, the drivers side is ok, its murder wen weather is hot as cant put blowers on or i cook the passenger in the car!!

Anyone know wat could be wrong, and is it easy to fix, thanks in advance

Juliex

PS this is just using normal blowers and not the A/C
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Common fault where the motorised heater flap gear strips, always on the passenger’s side.
The permanent cure is to replace the motor with an ‘updated’ one with longer gear that has a deeper reach into the flap.
It’s a very fiddly job because the motor is buried behind the heater controls. :evil:

I’m reading on the French sites that they cut into the dashboard to reach the motor. :shock:
There are topics about it here, but haven’t found any yet, so hope that those in the know aren’t far behind.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

It's worth doing a reset of the body computer before delving too deeply. I've had this problem: a reset cured it, and it hasn't recurred.
candy1567

Post by candy1567 »

hi there

can you please tell me how to do a reset

thanks

juliex
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

There's a good description here