SAXO - Central Locking Issue

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tom1980west
My Cars:

SAXO - Central Locking Issue

Post by tom1980west »

Hi Guys,

Sorry to post another central locking issue, but I can't find the solution for my issue...

I have recently bought a 2002 Saxo Desire for the work run. It's a great little car and flew through its MOT, but the central locking doesn't work.

When I press the fob, nothing happens.

However, when I turn the key in the door, only that door opens, not the passenger door (I had a 106 years ago, & I vaguely remember the central locking fired when you unlocked the drivers door).

So I'm not really sure where to start - Has anyone got any pointers as to where to start? I don't really want to take it too a garage as it was only a cheap run about...

Thanks in advance
Tom
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

First step, check fuses (probably above glovebox area, they are on a 106 anyway)

Next, (silly question I know but its been known) do you actually 'have' central locking ? , its quite possible to just fit the button part of the key...

I don't think these suffer with wire breakage in the door shut area of the loom (306's do)

If it has remote locking it will have a solenoid on each door and one for the hatch. If its non-remote locking it (might) NOT have one fitted to the drivers door, as just the switch will be there to 'trigger' the other ones.

First steps, check fuses. Next, whip a trim panel off to confirm you do actually have c/l. The hatch panel / boot lid one is probably the easiest one to take off at a guess. :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG