207 water in drivers side

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

smudge450

207 water in drivers side

Post by smudge450 »

Hi to all, new member here looking for help.
I have a 4 year 207 been a good little car ,but lately im getting water in the drivers footwell after heavy rain, i've been told there are drain holes under the bonnet in the region of the windscreen that may be blocked, had agood look around but cant find them,
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome

firstly does it have an electric sun roof, if so i would trace and check the 4 roof drain tubes,

not sure were the bulkhead drain tubes come out but they could come out under the wing/s but inside tyhe wheel arch linner,

regards malcolm
smudge450

Post by smudge450 »

Thanks Malcom
It's not got an electric sunroof.

I'll check under the wheel arches,any idea were they are under the bulkhead ?,i've been told they are under the plastic grill that runs from one side of the bonnet to the other just under the windscreen. But i cannot see how the grill comes off to check. Anyone any idea?

Thanks again
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

ok
so has the ca had a new winscreen at all,

if so maybe they did not rear bond the plastic scuttle to the windscreen, that is if they suffer the same prob as XANT's do,

if the scuttle drain's do come out in the back of the wheel arch's, they will be behind the plastic wheel arch linner's

regards malcolm
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

Has the door been apart for any reason?
Just wondering if it has the same problem as I had with my 306, where by the plastic liner inside the door was not bonded correctly and water came in between the door and door trim.
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

The 'usual' cause on a 306 of that was water entering the speaker area, not that common but it could happen.

I did think about that on the 207 but I've never really looked at one, I was out of the trade just at the time the first ones appeared.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG