ZX Central locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

di11on

ZX Central locking

Post by di11on »

I have a 96 ZX Elation Est. and I'm having problems with the C L not remote. I am unable to open the front passengers door or lock the rear drivers side door and can only lock the tailgate with the key, can anyone help please.
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Did all this happen at once. There is an actuator for all the locks including the tailgate. They can wear out. It would seem strange to have 3 gone however. The easiest one to see is the tailgate (on a hatch). You undo a small panel just behind the lock. You will see the actuator. The tailgate ones are known to give up on the ZX. Perhaps you can check that for lose wiring. If it is not the indvidual actuators then the fault will be wider spread and may need tracing. EG. broken wires in the loom seen when the door is open.
Good luck
Dave
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

There is a central control unit operating the whole system. Not sure where it is but on Xantia (and possibly Bx) its somewhere around the central console and is prone to suffering water damage if water is getting into the car.
There are many postings on Xantia systems and probably others - a search of this site is worthwhile!
jeremy
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Used to be beside the handbrake lever inside the central console on early ZX, later moved to behind dash between fuse box and r/h air vent.
Dave