Berlingo key fobs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andyd76

Berlingo key fobs

Post by andyd76 »

I've just bought a 57 plate berlingo van, it was supplied with one remote key and one normal key. Is this what would have been supplied from new? I also notice that the keycode card is missing, which i assume it should have. Is this a problem if i need a new key?
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

That's the normal combination of keys when supplied new, the code from the card can be obtained from a dealer but normally at a charge of £15, why not contact the original supplying dealer as they may have it on their records and let you know for free.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
acrowot
My Cars:

Re: Berlingo key fobs

Post by acrowot »

andyd76 wrote:I've just bought a 57 plate berlingo van, it was supplied with one remote key and one normal key. Is this what would have been supplied from new? I also notice that the keycode card is missing, which i assume it should have. Is this a problem if i need a new key?
If you mean the card that looks like a credit card the code on this is not for cutting the key, this code is the transponder code 4 digits used for pairing the key with the ECU. I believe the code needed for actually cutting the key if you do not have one to copy is supplied as a barcode with 10 digits beneath the barcode and this code is the one for the mechanical cut. Do you have something like this with your documents.
C5 HDI 110 SX 122000 ESTATE
C5 HDI 2.2 2003 EXCLUSIVE ESTATE 151000 MILES
acrowot
My Cars:

Re: Berlingo key fobs

Post by acrowot »

andyd76 wrote:I've just bought a 57 plate berlingo van, it was supplied with one remote key and one normal key. Is this what would have been supplied from new? I also notice that the keycode card is missing, which i assume it should have. Is this a problem if i need a new key?
If you mean the card that looks like a credit card the code on this is not for cutting the key, this code is the transponder code 4 digits used for pairing the key with the ECU. I believe the code needed for actually cutting the key if you do not have one to copy is supplied as a barcode with 10 digits beneath the barcode and this code is the one for the mechanical cut. Do you have something like this with your documents.
C5 HDI 110 SX 122000 ESTATE
C5 HDI 2.2 2003 EXCLUSIVE ESTATE 151000 MILES
andyd76

Post by andyd76 »

I have an extensive amount of paperwork but neither of the codes you mention. I'm not too worried as it appears the dealer can suply these at a small cost although it would have been nice to have them. I have seen a few posts saying that dealers no longer supply these details with the newer vehicles but i can't sure to be honest. I thought it a little odd only having one remote key with non remote spare but if thats how they come then who am i to argue.
Looking at the service book i notice there doesn't appear to be a particle filter fitted to the van, is this correct? I hope so!
150k before the cam belt needs changing???? lol
berlingofan

Post by berlingofan »

Citroen reccommend 72k i think for a cambelt change. But its better to change it early in any case beceause a new belt is cheaper than a new engine.

With the codes.... i recently changed the BSI on my berlingo. I had bought the van from an auction so had no codes, just the V5.

The code i needed was a 5 digit code (if i remember correctly!), and it was the transponder code.

I hope i remember all these things correctly, it was a few months back now. If you need to know for certain i can always find out.

P.S maybe try my forum, www.berlingoforum.co.uk, just started today. Sorry to advertise it again, but its there to help people just like you.
andyd76

Post by andyd76 »

BSI? Sorry not familiar with Citroen's. My engine is the 1.6 HDI, service book states 150k for cambelt, or 120k with harsh use. Does seem very high!