ZX turbo diesel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

louis1
My Cars:

ZX turbo diesel

Post by louis1 »

hi the rear suspension creeks alot especialy when you get in or out of the car does this mean the suspension has ad it or not. Also there is an oil leak on but i cant figure out where it is coming from, facing the front of the car on the right og the engine under the intercooler i can see traces of oil, if i clean and go for a drive it comes back, it is coming from above the head gasket, it is not the intercooler because it is dry around there and i have just changed the rocker cover gasket and used sealer but it still leaks, what can it be?
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Creaking rear suspension is probably the trailing arm bearings, if they've had water in they will be in a bad way.
If the oil leak is on the offside (drivers side) then its probably the camshaft oil seal, they can leak at a fair old rate.
Dave
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

It maybe your brakes making the noise when applying the handbrake then getting of the car and the suspension rising and turning the wheel slighty, this depending how hard you have put the hanbrake on.
Have you tried getting out of the car without the handbrake on and leaving it in gear to stop it rolling.
sooty